Email for bandsQuantcast

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Truth being stranger than fiction and whatnot...

Within the last week, I've been twice to see Munster play rugby in Thomond Park. Last week, they beat Toulon in the Heineken Cup in an awesome display of skill, determination and sheer physicality. Last night, they beat Benetton Treviso comprehensively in the Magners League in an appalling game.

This is all by way of context.

When I go to Thomond, I usually "auto-fill" my ancient iPod Shuffle with a random selection from my iTunes library. Handy to pass the time away on the trip into Limerick and during all the standing around before the match starts. I used to take a proper iPod to the games, but on the opening night at Thomond a few years ago, I got soaked in a torrential downpour on my way back to the car and the iPod, literally, drowned, never to play again. So now I don't risk taking my expensive replacement iPod to the games - the old Shuffle will do the job.

OK, I'm getting to the point...on each of these two recent trips to Thomond, the Shuffle picked up and played, totally without my influence, the infamous Troggs Tapes. How bizarre (and odd) is that? If you haven't heard about the Troggs Tapes, click here. And you can download the audio here. Not one to play on the school run...:-). I can only describe them as "indescribable".

Regards,


djp

No comments: