Email for bandsQuantcast

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Panic

This morning, I was having a nice cup of coffee in my favourite café (Café Q), when some bizarre music came on over the PA.

The normal soundtrack in the café is yer usual lite jazz - pleasant and appropriate for the ambience. But this morning, as I was sipping my coffee, I heard an Andrews Sisters-style arrangement of a song, the lyrics of which seemed to be strangely familiar. A few more seconds elapsed before I realised it was a cover of the Smiths' "Panic". I had never heard the cover version before and I was, frankly, gobsmacked. The cover worked well in an ironic sort of way. Kinda curious about what Morrissey's reaction to it would be, though...

If anyone can identify the artist, please help a brother out!

Regards,


djp

3 comments:

Jason Mundok said...

The Puppini Sisters possibly...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_(song)

Jason Mundok said...

The Puppini Sisters possibly...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_(song)

reincheque said...

You are soooo right! I was waiting to see how they'd deal with the phrase "panic in the streets of Carlisle".

Interesting, but I don't think I'll buy the CD.

Regards,


djp