Email for bandsQuantcast

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I probably shouldn't admit this, but...

This afternoon, for the first time in, oh, well over 10 years, I decided to go for a little jog.

Little being the operative word. There's a sports field across the road from us and tonight a "municipal" Hallowe'en fireworks show is being organised in the field. Most of the field has been cordoned off to facilitate this, leaving a small, vaguely-rectangular section left for free access. I'd be embarrassed to tell you just how small that area is, but I managed four "circuits" of the area, topped-and-tailed with warm-up/warm-down walking circuits. The whole thing took me about 20 mins. I know...

...but you see, I want to be able to try it again tomorrow and the next day. There's no point in my trying to take on a huge (for me) physical challenge if I'm bolloxed for a week after doing it. And given my physiology, there's a very good chance that I could drop dead if I take too much on (that's my excuse anyway).

Wish me luck as I try to get into a routine on this...

Regards,


djp

No comments: