Email for bandsQuantcast

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What's new with me?

Oh, some stuff...


  1. We were in the UK for a few days at the end of June. Quite enjoyable, although the weather wasn't great. Some pics of Chester and Liverpool. Chester is a beautiful place - very laid back - I could imagine that if I stayed more than a week I'd turn completely mellow. Liverpool, on the other hand, is a bit of a kip, apart from the Albert Docks area. Sorry, Liverpool fans...
  2. Elder Daughter turned 18 a few weeks ago. I am not allowed to post any pics (actually, I haven't asked for permission, but I know what reaction I'd get...). We had a nice meal out in the Peppermill in Nenagh. Gettin' ould, boy...
  3. Got two bad soakings a couple of weeks ago and finally succumbed to a bad head cold last week. Just in time for a wedding last Saturday. I don't enjoy weddings much, but this one would've been OK if I hadn't been wearing the internal balaclava. I'm just getting over the cold now. Took a lot out of me.
  4. My laptop has finally bought it. Or to be more precise, the adaptor isn't working anymore. Or to be even more precise, it was working this morning, but it ain't now. And the laptop's battery has fully discharged and can't now be recharged. And I've got some valuable data on the laptop's hard drive that I can't extract. I could get a replacement charger, but since I was going to be replacing the laptop in a few months, I thought I'd go the whole hog and get a new laptop now. I'm just as unlikely to be able to afford it in the future as I am right now (possibly even more so...) so what the hey? We got a laptop for Elder Daughter's birthday, so I'm getting an identical one from the same source.
  5. Oh, and say hello to the new arrival in the family - Korky


He's quite a handful, and Panther and Poppy are having a touch time dealing with his youthful energy and exuberance. But hey, life goes on, dunnit? I suspect that Korky might have had something to do with the death of the laptop's adaptor. He seems to like cables of all sorts...:-)

Regards,


djp

No comments: