Email for bandsQuantcast

Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008 vs 2009

Here's how I did with last year's New Year Resolutions:-
  1. To eat sushi for the first time - OUTCOME - cracked it! Elder Daughter and I put our lives in our hands and gave it a lash. Not bad. Not something I'd try everyday, but at least I can say I did it - finally...
  2. To get to see Arsenal play at least once this year - OUTCOME - did it. Unfortunately, Arsenal's season so far has been shite, so I hope I didn't jinx them by turning up on the day...:-)
  3. To visit a country I've never been to before (this one is looking good...) - OUTCOME - mission accomplished - Czech Republic and Poland. Not a bad haul, really.
  4. To start cycling again as soon as the weather improves (this one is not looking good...) - OUTCOME - abject failure. I did manage to get a few runs up to Portumna Forest Park, but the weather was so bad this year (particularly during the summer) that I might as well have stayed at home. Disappointing...:-(
  5. To generally get the oul' bod a bit more together - OUTCOME - total disaster. If anything, I've gone "backwards" if you know what I mean. Frankly, I don't know why I bother at this stage.
  6. To move house - OUTCOME - didn't swing it this year.
  7. To either change my car or keep it for longer - OUTCOME - kept it, so I guess that counts as "boo-yah!"
  8. To have a better year at work than I had last year (which wasn't bad, but had its "moments") - OUTCOME - 2008 was marginally better than 2007. Had a flat patch in the middle of the year but ended pretty good.
  9. To see friends more - OUTCOME - some small successes, but must try harder
  10. To stop wrecking me own head - OUTCOME - absolute failure - definitely must try harder!!!
And as for 2009:-
  1. To get to see Arsenal play at least once this year - unlikely this year, as the mortgage for our new house will start kicking-in, so self-indulgent skites like popping over to the Emirates may have to be deferred for a while - we'll see...
  2. To visit a country I've never been to before - this one is not looking good as the economy takes a downturn and budgetary expenditure has to be reined-in...
  3. To start cycling again as soon as the weather improves (this one is not looking good...)
  4. To generally get the oul' bod a bit more together
  5. To move house
  6. To either change my car or keep it for longer
  7. To have a better year at work than I had last year
  8. To see friends more
  9. Not to volunteer to do anything for anyone under any circumstance - I had two scenarios in 2008 where I offered my services, as it were. Both scenarios ended rather awkwardly. The situation will not be repeated.
  10. To stop wrecking me own head
That will do for now...

Regards,


djp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've made a single promise to myself for 2009:


live



I'm going to live 2009. Every second of it.



Right now I'm listening to some folktronica and eyeing up my MIDI keyboard.

reincheque said...

Just as long as you don't folk up your keyboard...:-)

Regards,


djp