Email for bandsQuantcast

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Wonders will never cease No. 1

I was in Limerick today to pick up some materials from a builders' providers.

Having paid for the materials, I was given a docket and then sent around to the warehouse to make the pickup. Parked the old VW van round the back and went inside to meet the guy with the forklift truck.

I was amazed to hear some familiar music over the speakers in the warehouse:- "Flamenco Sketches" from Miles Davis' "Kind Of Blue" album.

I mean, Miles Davis. In a builders' providers' warehouse.

I blame the Celtic Tiger. Warehouse people won't put up with any old shite being played these days. Only the best.

Far from Miles Davis we were reared. An entire ocean and part of a continent away, in fact.

Regards,


djp

1 comment:

reincheque said...

ADDENDUM

Unfortunately, all that exposure to Miles Davis hasn't done the warehouse drones much good - I was let away without taking half of my consignment of goods, but all of someone else's.

I have to go back to Limerick on Saturday morning to sort out the mess.

As Miles himself might have put it "So What"...

Sadly, about 30 mins after I got home, there was an accident on the road from Limerick that I had just travelled. One fatality.

Makes you think,


djp