Email for bandsQuantcast

Saturday, April 19, 2008

A matter of principle (I suppose)

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed that a number of items I've posted on forums and blogs other than this one have been deleted by the moderators/bloggers.

I have absolutely no problem with this. It's the prerogative of the bloggers or moderators to assess whether any posted items are worthy of publication and are not just the witterings of people (such as I) who occasionally have too many shandies down the Dog and Dinosaur and come home in the wee small hours to type total "ráiméis". The world doesn't need it, quite frankly...

I have this principle that I try to live by:- if it can't happen, it won't happen. This principle can be applied successfully to almost any element of modern, everyday life, not least the posting of idiotic tosh on blogs and such.

So in an effort to make less of a nuisance of myself, I now intend not to look at any blog or forum between today and 1 September next. Just as a trial period. If I can't look at a blog, then I won't post a comment. Seems like a simple proposition...

Regards,


djp

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you won't be reading this one then ?

reincheque said...

I have a Nubian slave who reads the blogs for me in between providing personal services of a nature that I cannot reveal in decent company.

So, technically, no...

Regards,


djp

Anonymous said...

Feelings bent? It's difficult being a sensitive individual in an insensitive www.

Maybe you should tuff'n up, stick it out.

On the other hand life's short. Who has the time to scrawl out a remark on the shores of the internet's impermanent memmory? ...only to have it washed away by the whimsical tideline of an immoderate moderator? Words and ideas organized for an audience of none, with time you stole from your family, your art or your employer ;^)

I say hang in there. It's all practice for uh... Your next comment will rock their world! Yeah!!!

reincheque said...

Thanks for the kind words!

I've had to go back to one or two forums in order to access some "vital" information, but by and large I'm sticking to my resolution.

I spend way too much time on the net, but curiously, I seem to visit the same half-dozen sites all the time. It's all a bit sad really.

But I'm reliably informed that I did, indeed, have a life before the net (and before PCs and mobile phones too), so I feel fairly confident that I should make a reasonably full recovery.

Maybe...

Regards,


djp